Friday, March 22, 2019

19A - Idea Napkin 2


1)You - My main aspirations are to set up a successful business that would make the life of other people first. One trait that I value is putting "solving a problem that people have" before "what profits I can make". I am very good at communicating with other people, and I think that this will definitely be a benefit to me when it comes to talking to other people about their issues. It will also be greatly beneficial for when I am networking an looking for potential partners.

2)What are you offering to customers - Reflecting on my last post, instead of focusing on the material product or service I am offering, I believe I am offering customers something much more intangible. I am offering a solution to their problem. I am offering convenience to my customers, I am offering a less-stressful parking situation for UF students.

3)Who are you offering it to - I am offering my product / service to anybody who currently is stressed out about the parking situation at campus. I am offering my product to anybody who currently owns a car and utilizes it to travel around campus.

4)Why do the care? - People will ultimately care because we already have stressful lives. People are constantly traveling around, working, meeting deadlines. Although it may seem like not a lot, one little addition to someone's life that cuts back on their stress can make a huge change to their life.

5)What are your core competencies - I personally have dealt first hand with a lot of these stressful situations. Because of this, I can easily put myself in my customer's shoes. I can better relate to their problems, and find the best way possible to come up with a solution.

These elements definitely fit very well together. There are a lot of aspects that go into a successful business idea, and the more varied and unique they are that help come up with a solution to the problem at hand, the better. I think that with my determination and creativity, I can definitely find a way to come up with the solutions that I need to the problem. It is important to keep in mind all the elements of the problem to fully solve it, including who has the problem, what solution I am offering, and why the customer would care.

Feedback Memo: None of the feedback on my last post was really critical or constructive. However, I still took the time to look over my original post and make the appropriate changes.
    1. Firstly I tried to answer the questions less literally to actually acknowledge the intangible benefits I am offering rather than focus on the product.
    2. Secondly I tried to keep it more brief than my last post to keep it concise and stop myself from going off on tangents.

3 comments:

  1. Looking over at your original post I do see that there have been some changes to this post when comparing it to your last idea napkin. And even though you didn’t get much feedback from your comments you still got the point across of your business idea on how difficult it is to find a parking space at UF because it is a rather annoying problem that many students have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. Seeing that your focus is helping people as oppose to making money, shows where your heart really is. I believe customers will also feel this when they use your service and this will be a feature that sets you apart from your competitors. This is why I prefer to shop at Publix than Sweetbay. The culture is very warm and welcoming and they make you feel as if they appreciate your business. Parking is extremely stressful and I believe this service will take off as the opportunity is obviously there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From this I can really see that you've changed the way you've layered your company's values as well as your own based on the feedback. Your competencies seem to emphasize the ability to root out the emotional trauma when it comes to finding parking on campus, so all in all you appear to give both peace of mind and service which will look great for business.

    ReplyDelete