Friday, March 15, 2019

18A - Create a Custom Avatar

My pro typical customer, and the avatars that I created for them, reflect a college student, who owns a car. They have a really nice car, that they spent a decent amount of money on, and would drive it to school everyday during high school. Over the years, they have both become accustomed to driving whenever they need to go out somewhere and have developed quite an attachment to it as well. After all, they worked really hard and spent a decent sum of money on it.

Now, it is time for them to go off to college, and they are planning on bringing their car with them. They drive all the way up to UF, and they park their car, go to their dorm, get settled in and ready for classes to start. Classes start, and after a week goes by, the figure they want to go out and have some fun Friday night with their friends. They go out and have a blast. They went to the movies to watch the new Avengers film, since they absolutely love Marvel and superhero movies. They then drive back, except there is one problem. There is no parking. Anywhere. They get heavily frustrated, annoyed, and upset. Eventually, they park their car at the commuter lot, and walk a mile back to their dorm. Their car sits there for the next few weeks, unused.

Thanksgiving break comes up, and they drive home. After the break, they come back to UF, but they leave their car behind, to avoid all the stress of finding parking. The car sits there for the rest of the year. They no longer get to see their favorite films in theaters as often. They no longer get to swing by their favorite coffee shop to pick up their favorite beverage. They no longer get to go to the gym everyday and exercise. They no longer have the convenience of travelling frequently to see their friends at FSU or other universities. They ultimately decided that it was not worth all the pain and annoyance of finding parking spaces at UF, so this was the decision that they had to make.

This is who my pro typical customer would be, and this is where I would come in. To make sure that the same thing does not happen to any other students.







I definitely relate to my pro typical customers. Although I currently do not have my own car at UF, I ultimately decided not to go out and buy one because of all the stories I was told about how hard it would be to find parking spaces. However, if this were not the case, I definitely would get one as it would make travel a lot easier around campus and going off-campus. Just to go to the gym every morning, I have to wait for a bus, sometimes up to 15 minutes and the bus ride itself takes another 15 minutes. This would be an inconvenience I would want to alleviate. I also do not think it is a coincidence that we have this in common, in fact, I believe a lot of students at UF face the same problems, which would mean that I have a very large potential segment / market.



No comments:

Post a Comment