Friday, March 29, 2019

22A - Elevator Pitch No. 3

Video Link: https://youtu.be/QJWLX1D8hrU

Feedback: Overall, I received mostly positive feedback on my last elevator pitch. However, one thing that somebody said was to be a little bit more enthusiastic, and looking back at my second pitch, I could see that I was a bit monotone at times. I thought that it would be important to implement this change in my third elevator pitch, because first impressions are often a make or break kind of deal. I also thought that this was pretty inciteful because instead of just memorizing and regurgitating a pitch, I though it would be better to actually practice as if I were delivering it to somebody important, like a potential investor, etc. I did not think there was any feedback that was downright silly or wrong.

What I changed: Based on the feedback from my last pitch, I made a few important changes. Firstly, I cut back on the amount of time that I spent giving a back story or potential situation, and spent more time talking about what my product / service was actually offering. I also included the application that I was thinking of implementing as well as giving an actual decided price for what I would be charging to utilize my service. Finally, I made sure to be more enthusiastic, and since I already had my pitch pretty well memorized this time around, it was much easier to do. Overall, I thought that this pitch was the best out of my three.

2 comments:

  1. Going back and looking at the differences you made from Elevator Pitch 2 to three it is very apparent that you took into account the feedback when going into your final pitch. Your thoughts are definitely far better constructed and the mission statement of your company was clearly identified, and the enthusiasm is definitely there, all in all great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From watching your previous elevator pitches, I can tell you have processed tremendously! I think you got your memorization down so it was nice to see more enthusiasm. Your pitch was very engaging and informative. I liked how you spent more time discussing the actual product rather than background information. Background information is something that can be talked about later on down the road, but for first impressions its important to talk about the service that is offered to reel them in. Great work!

    ReplyDelete