1. The general theme and argument of the book is that we are entering into a new revolution of manufacturing. The idea is that this new manufacturing will not be done in factories, rather in households of the general population. This is going to be the driving force of the future economy. He argues that physical manufacturing behaves exactly like the digital world, and how 3D printers are incremental to success in the future.
2. It connected and enhanced my understanding in the new path that entrepreneurship is heading. Entrepreneurship is directly connected in a way in that it begins with the ideas of individuals. Entrepreneurship highly reinforces individual creative capacity, and whenever new technology is released, we should utilize it to turn our dreams into realities, as technology is constantly evolving.
3. If I had to design an exercise for this class, I would split the class into two separate groups. I would give one group only physical objects, and tell them to turn it into whatever creating they would like. For the other group, I would give them computers, and tell them to design whatever they like using a 3D software, and tell them to print it out via a 3D printer. This exercise would show the technology offers a lot more resources that were not accessible before, and it will also show that it paves a new path for entrepreneurs and their success.
4. By biggest aha moment from this book was when I connected what I did with creating an app to the general theme of the book. I was really able to connect with this book because in the past, I was able to utilize a computer and some programs to turn an idea into a sellable product. After seeing success on this side, I realized just how important technology is, and how it enables us as entrepreneurs to achieve many things that we were previously unable to do.
The book you read sounds interesting and there could be some truth towards what you said could be the general argument, about how manufacturing will occur in one’s own household instead of factories because there could be upcoming entrepreneurs who make their own products at home instead of mass producing it. Since a product or a service starts out as an idea being created in the one who thought of it house is something that makes sense.
ReplyDeleteThis book that you describe here seems really intriguing. The implication that most manufacturing is going to be made in households rather than factories is crazy and I wonder what that would do to the economy. I don't know the scale in which something like that would happen but it's still really to think about how 3D software can do something like this in the future.
ReplyDeleteThis wave of productivity you speak to is something classifiable as revolutionary if only by the notion of cutting out the production of a modern factory. The scale to which one would have to think of to suggest such a model of productivity is indicative of an insanely unique business centric mind and one that could also be described as innovative to a degree as well.
ReplyDelete