1. A time last semester where I failed was when I attempted to workout and get in shape and started to go the gym but failed and gave up after about 2 weeks. I remember that I wanted to get healthy really badly and break my bad habits, but I eventually got lazy and gave it all up. I felt terrible after failing, but was not in the right mindset nor had realistic goals in mind to be able to succeed.
2. I learned a lot from this experience. I learned firstly that it doesn't matter what your goal is, you have to be doing it for the right reasons. I remember when I started working out, it was because there was a girl in my life. I wanted to get in shape for her, but she was not going to be in my life forever. I learned that I should only set a goal and go for it if I am doing it for myself, and myself alone. Another thing that I learned was that discipline is far more important than passion. Passion comes and goes, but discipline stays consistent and never wavers.
3. Failure is hard to deal with, but is necessary in the path to success. Every person that you hear about that is successful has failed many times. The thing is how they take the failure. Instead of attaching negative emotions to failure, they use it as a learning experience. They learn what to do and what not to do in the future. Failure is definitely an incremental part of success. It's definitely hard, as I learned, but I have recently started working out 3 months ago with a new mindset, and I am still going strong.
Learning from failure is something that some people in this world believe it or not can’t possibly do so be proud of it. I will have to agree with you on the matter of failure not being easy to deal with and it is something that many people around the world deal with, some even with the same problem you presented about wanting to stay in shape so you should remember you aren’t alone, it could help lessen the feeling of failure a bit.
ReplyDeleteIt takes a lot for you to share this failure and I am appreciative for you choosing to do this. I can relate to this situation as I am fitness coach myself. Before I start every semester, I always ask my clients "Why" they are choosing to be there. Finding out someone's "Why" can help you connect with them but also know how invested you and them will be in the course of the relationship. You hit it perfectly when you stated that you needed to do it for yourself and that you have to be disciplined. Passion can be in the moment but taking the time to structure your day, week, or life to reach your goals is vital to reaching them.
ReplyDeleteFailure is the greatest of any catalyst Scott, so don't feel downtrodden about the workouts. Your ability to speak on the matters of personal failure assure to me that you are a person capable of overcoming it. Discipline intertwined with passion are what will allow you to reach the fruits of your labor when it comes to workouts, best of luck!
ReplyDelete