2. The first exercise was probably the most difficult assignment and was really what catalyzed forming an entrepreneurial mindset for me. We were asked to create a "bug list" of 20 opportunities / problems that we could find. I remember at first thinking to myself how in the world I was going to do that, because 20 seemed like a lot. Overall, after completing this exercise, I could not help but notice that weeks and even months afterwards leading up today, I was constantly looking around for opportunities that presented themselves to me in everyday life. It is definitely an exciting experience to change the way that you think about the world in general, and I have become far more open minded and logical about the way I see things since. I think it was this experience that will stick with me for years to come. I cannot shake the way I view the world now. My most joyous and proudest moment was creating the third elevator pitch. I generally love giving presentations and talking in front of people, so to be able to do that for an exercise three times was just enthralling. However, at the end of it all, looking back at the progress I have made is a feeling I cannot put into words. Generally, looking back at things that I have written in the past brings back feelings that I had during the time, whatever I was dealing with. And to be able to see the changes I have made all along the journey brings me both pride and joy.
3. I definitely have developed a more acute entrepreneurial mindset towards the end of the semester. The exercises that we had to complete were very challenging and demanding at some times, but I do not regret a single minute that I put into it. As mentioned above, I have been constantly been looking for problems that need solutions, not only for the general world, but for myself as well. I have never made such drastic changes in my life then after starting this class. I am incredibly glad that I signed up for this class and followed through till the end.
4. The biggest, most important recommendation that I could give to any student who is planning on taking this course is to not approach this class is to not view the work as any other class. Do not look at the assignments as every other class they are taking. Look at each assignment as an opportunity, and opportunity to expand your entrepreneurial mindset and to develop a skill set. This class was by far the best class I have ever taken, and I am thankful for the opportunity. I would also, of course, recommend to never procrastinate, because sometimes the assignments, if not looked at before, can require you to go out and do interviews or can just be straight up demanding in the amount of work that is needed to complete them.
I can relate with some of your experiences, I also found the bugs list quite difficult because that is something you never really think about and just do it daily and never notice by much. Your recommendation for future students is a bit confusing, I can tell you’re telling people to not do certain things and to look for opportunities in the assignments, but I will have to agree with the you shouldn’t procrastinate because all of the assignments are literally there so that we have the option to do all of them and not fall behind.
ReplyDeleteSeeing that your least favorite assingment was also the bug list brought out a chuckle from me, as I also viewed that assignment as both meaningless and dull. This class really taught me to see problems in things where there really aren't any to begin with. It's interesting to see that you enjoyed the third elevator pitch the most, as I resented the fact that this online class made me stand in front of a camera like a puppet and dance for Dr.Pryor. This is well written finale and I wish you the best Scott.
ReplyDeleteYou're description of the elevator pitch made me laugh.
DeleteI can completely agree that the first assignment was definitely the most difficult. I was unsure of what they were asking and to my surprise, there weren't many things that did bug me. You really had to think deep for that one.
ReplyDelete