1) You - I believe that I have many skill sets that I believe would make me a great entrepreneur and have a successful business. Firstly, I am determined to reach a goal I set for myself, so the obstacles that are bound to come won't be able to shut my dream down. I think I also have a pretty good eye for what people want and I am good at identifying opportunities. I also believe that an important aspect of any business is networking and connections. I definitely have some successful business owners that I know that I could reach out to if I ever need to. Finally, I am also very hardworking and open-minded. With this, I will be able to approach different problems in different ways to be able to come up with a solution.
2) What are you offering to customers? - I am offering customers a product that would create convenience and efficiency. Having extra parking spaces would offer a large potential benefit to consumers at a higher price so that people can better park in spaces.
3) Who are you offering it to? - I am offering my product to mostly UF students and teachers alike who own any time of vehicle, car or motorcycle. These students would utilize my product to better find parking spaces around campus.
4) Why do they care? - People care because the parking at UF is a pretty big issue. A lot of people have headaches when coming to finding parking spaces, and so if it was made better, people would be sure to utilize my product.
5) What are your core competencies? - I know a lot of places around campus that could be transformed into parking spaces around different segments of campus. One thing that I would need to build up would be my connections I have on campus. With that being said, I am very good at talking to people, so setting up a meeting with the person in charge of parking would not be too difficult. Setting up the meeting, however, may prove to be more complicated.
I think that most of these aspects fit well together. My skill-sets would give me the determination I need to make this business into a reality. The only big issue I face when attempting to make this product a reality is finding the actual space to set up these parking spots. The campus is already pretty cluttered, but I am sure that there are ways to convert empty lots into parking spaces for students. There are also under-utilized parking spaces that could be better allocated to students, so I may look more for these. The weaker aspect would be the resources that I actually have. This is something that I would definitely have to work on.
I find it interesting that for your parking service you are offering it to not just UF students but to the teachers as well, it never really occurred to me that teachers, professors, and other faculty members could be having just as a hard time as students on looking for a parking space. So for your business you now have two categories of customers that could be interested in your idea.
ReplyDeleteThis idea can help out so many people on campus. Parking has always been an issue for students, employees and professors. I do think that with your skills and persistence, will be able to be successful in this idea.
ReplyDeleteI really admire your go getter attitude there Scott. With the skills you talked on about it I really think thats segmenting your market and ensuring your business opportunity exists within it will come quite naturally. The potential benefits of your service to UF students can definitely carry you here.
ReplyDelete