Friday, February 22, 2019

14A - Halfway Reflection

1. One of the main factors that helped me keep up to date in this class was that at the beginning of this semester, I set up a google calendar for all my assignments and when they due. Therefore, on Monday, I would get a notification on my phone to let me know what assignments were due for this week. With this planning, I am able to keep ahead of the class and make sure that all my assignments get completed on time.

2. On one of the first weeks, there was a lot of work. I thought that it would be a lot to handle, and just for a single week of assignments, I had written over 3000 words. I had to remember that going in to this class, there was going to be a lot of work, and I always remind myself that it will be worth it. Yes, there is a lot of work, but all of the assignments that I complete have enabled me to think differently in a entrepreneurial mindset. I have enjoyed every assignment for this class because they are both thought provoking and also very helpful. I feel like I have definitely developed a tenacious attitude over this past couple of months, and I will do whatever I have to do to keep this attitude for the rest of this semester and onward.

3. The first tip that I would give is to watch all of the videos posted. Although you can skim through them and still do fine on the cupcakes, I find that I gain something beneficial from every video. They are both incredibly interesting and fun to watch, and I always learn something new each week. The second tip I would give is to try and do assignments before they are due. You really have to plan ahead, as some of the assignments require conducting interviews or giving presentations for the camera, so if you leave them to last minute, you will find that they can be impossible to complete. And the final tip I would give is to have fun. Even if you are taking this class for the "easy A", there is still so much useful information and beneficial knowledge that can be taken away from this class. Even if you don't plan on becoming an entrepreneur, a lot of this knowledge is applicable outside of this field. You learn things about innovation and creativity, which can be utilized in almost every day life.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with how some of the information is important if you pay attention to the lectures, but you really don’t even have to watch them as you can listen to them while doing other work. If you’re able to focus on the important things he’s saying while you do another task, then you’ll still be able to get important stuff that may help you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really smart for you to set up a google calendar for this class. I usually just used the calendar on Canvas but I can definitely see how it would be helpful in time management and planning when to schedule time for this class. Watching the videos is also really helpful in understanding what exactly you're doing and are interesting to watch.

    ReplyDelete