Assignment 3A - Your Entrepreneurship Story
My Entrepreneurship story goes back all the way to 8th grade. I remember that my English teacher was very enthusiastic about finding new ways to include technology in the classroom. Most of our projects that we had to complete incorporated us creating blogs, videos, or websites to find potential ways of coming up with solutions for world problems, such as climate change. I spent many hours conversing with my teacher after class about my excitement and potential opportunities that I could follow, and it was this year that fueled my enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and using technology. This was also around the same time that I began to learn how to program in Java and how to work with computers better.
Another aspect that gave me enthusiasm for entrepreneurship was the fact that both of my parents are successful entrepreneurs that own and manage their own online company. This was intriguing to me specifically because there was a period of time that I actually helped run their business and dealt a lot with website design and statistics and looking at price changes over a period of time. I think that having this inside experience was influential in gaining experience and just further got me excited for undergoing new opportunities.
The biggest accomplishment that I have achieved was during the Summer of 2017, the summer before college. Although it may seem silly at the time, there was a meme circulating the popular website on YouTube and was going viral. I still remember I was with my friend at this time, and I looked at him and half - jokingly said "I am going to make an app revolving around this meme". Immediately, I reached out to the creator of the meme asking for permission and made a simple yet humorous soundboard app. Although it was not physically demanding to create (it took me a single day), it is probably my biggest accomplishment when it comes getting my work noticed. In just a few short days, it had accumulated over 10,000 downloads from users on Android alone. After it finally began to die down, I had accumulated a total 65,300 total downloads. This experience showed me the importance of seizing and opportunity and working hard. I still remember bumping into so many issues when trying to actually release the app, but persistence was definitely worth it.
The reason that I took this class mainly is because I am highly enthusiastic about becoming an entrepreneur. I honestly cannot see myself undertaking a typical, 9 - 5 job for my career, and it would be my dream to be a successful entrepreneur. I feel like personally, I have a lot of creative ideas, and this class will further develop my skills and introduce me to a way of seeing the world that will hopefully eventually allow me to live my dream life.

Hi Scott! I think its so cool that your parents are both entrepreneurs who own successful businesses. I think it provides role models for you growing up, especially since you were able to work with them and get a little taste of it. And I thought the fact that you made an app revolving a meme is pretty hilarious and amusing, especially considering the amount of downloads you acquired.
ReplyDeleteThis was a fantastic post, and I thank you for the background story. It seems that entrepreneurship is genuinely in your blood. I do recall having school assignments when I was younger which challenged my class to create solutions to problems we may have had in our everyday lives or even to things we had witnessed. It would have been amazing if you had found some solution to global warming, as this problem seems to be heading in a negative direction.
ReplyDeleteTo hear about your first-hand experience working alongside your parents is the most significant opportunity someone could have in this entrepreneurship world. I believe we can learn a lot by reading and hearing, but I genuinely think there is something special about doing the activity. To fully immerse and feel the pressures and witness the ins and outs of business is such a fantastic experience.
It seems that you are a true entrepreneur at heart and I hope this class plants some good ideas in you that you can turn into something grand.
You really do come from a background in entrepreneurship! It's really interesting that both of your parents are entrepreneurs and you had great success with an app for a meme. It must be great experience for any opportunities you want to act on in the future! I'm glad you are taking this class with your passion in entrepreneurship and hope you gain the skills needed to advance your ideas to the next level and ultimately make a living off of them.
ReplyDelete